ODSCI Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orillia District Snowmobile Club's Official Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trail Grooming

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Charles

Trail Grooming Empty
PostSubject: Trail Grooming   Trail Grooming I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 11:50 am

Since we have received some nice heavy snow overnight and it's still coming down, can anyone tell me if the trails will be reopened and grooming started again?

Thanks Chuck
Back to top Go down
dibi Mach z x

Trail Grooming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Grooming   Trail Grooming I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:41 pm

How much snow has fallen in the last couple of days what does the rest of the week look like I see that the trails are listed as limited
Back to top Go down
Charles

Trail Grooming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Grooming   Trail Grooming I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:30 am

As of Friday morning we have about 5-6" of new snow, but most of it was fairly heavy, so as good as a foot of fluff. It is getting blown around by the wind pretty good, so that will compact it as well.

Should be enough to bring the trails back because there is still a base in most areas. I was out Monday for a little ride on the B Trail to the West and then B205 (I think) over to Hwy 11 at Hawkestone and I was surprised at how good a base was left. Very few bare spots and the trails were excellant except in the slow bush areas that were suffering from no grooming. If those areas had been levelled off before the freeze up, they would be like a cement highway now.

Not sure if grooming or not. I will take a look later and report back.

Chuck
Back to top Go down
dibi Mach z x

Trail Grooming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Grooming   Trail Grooming I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:46 am

Trails are open now but in LIMITED status
Back to top Go down
dibi Mach z x

Trail Grooming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Grooming   Trail Grooming I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:48 am

Charles wrote:
As of Friday morning we have about 5-6" of new snow, but most of it was fairly heavy, so as good as a foot of fluff. It is getting blown around by the wind pretty good, so that will compact it as well.

Should be enough to bring the trails back because there is still a base in most areas. I was out Monday for a little ride on the B Trail to the West and then B205 (I think) over to Hwy 11 at Hawkestone and I was surprised at how good a base was left. Very few bare spots and the trails were excellant except in the slow bush areas that were suffering from no grooming. If those areas had been levelled off before the freeze up, they would be like a cement highway now.

Not sure if grooming or not. I will take a look later and report back.

Chuck

Thats great new should be able to do some good riding this weekend
Back to top Go down
Charles

Trail Grooming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Grooming   Trail Grooming I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 3:43 pm

Was out before noon checking out the trails from my vehicle on the West side of Couch and it didn't look as if any grooming had been done yet. It could be the new snow had covered up the groomer tracks from last night, but I don't think so.

I find this very odd and disappointing. We are on borrowed time here. Another couple weeks and it will be over for sure.

Would someone from Orillia District please let us know what is going on.

Thanks Chuck
Back to top Go down
00xc6

00xc6

Trail Grooming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Grooming   Trail Grooming I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 8:17 am

saw the ford going through town last night. Im sure the other 2 were out as well. Trails should be good for a nice ride this morning and hopefully all weekend. Nice and cold last night so trails should have set up nicely as long as there wasnt much traffic. Have a good weekend guys. I'm off to haliburton for a poker run.
Back to top Go down
lkstgeo

Trail Grooming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Grooming   Trail Grooming I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 8:38 pm

hi, travelled 105 to Coldwater to 201 back to Couch. All was good
Back to top Go down
Kerry

Trail Grooming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Grooming   Trail Grooming I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 9:42 pm

I heard who won the sled too cheers!
Back to top Go down
00xc6

00xc6

Trail Grooming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Grooming   Trail Grooming I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 11:20 pm

haha that was me. came home with the grand prize. 2009 skidoo gtx 550f. 2up touring. 1.3 miles on the odometer. Up for sale. not my style lol. $7200. full 1 year warranty.
Back to top Go down
Kerry

Trail Grooming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Grooming   Trail Grooming I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 8:53 pm

00xc6 wrote:
haha that was me. came home with the grand prize. 2009 skidoo gtx 550f. 2up touring. 1.3 miles on the odometer. Up for sale. not my style lol. $7200. full 1 year warranty.

We heard right after you guys called home.Not bad for your first trip to Hali Forest EH! Orillia strikes again two years in a row.Had a feeling when I asked what the hand to beat was,just didn't know it was yours at the time.Good Luck with the sell,sorry I'm a cat man!

Kerry
Back to top Go down
00xc6

00xc6

Trail Grooming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Grooming   Trail Grooming I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 10:52 pm

Hahaha hopefully someone from the group can bring it home next year. Have to bring a couple more newbies. Have had quite a few calls on it today but its still here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trail Grooming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Grooming   Trail Grooming I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trail Grooming
Page 1 of 1