ODSCI Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orillia District Snowmobile Club's Official Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trail Openings

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Charles

Trail Openings Empty
PostSubject: Trail Openings   Trail Openings I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 6:16 pm

Does anyone know when the trails will be opened up?

Thanks Charles
Back to top Go down
dibi Mach z x

Trail Openings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Openings   Trail Openings I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 7:03 pm

there is alot of snow north of Orilla but I dont see any trails open I see alot of tracks on the trails but no offical opening anyone know what the hold up is
Back to top Go down
Black_XC

Trail Openings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Openings   Trail Openings I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 12:23 am

from my understanding, trails will not be opened before the 15th of december because of insurance and land owner agreements. also now with the rain in the forcast it wont be much before christmas before things are open. gates are still closed and alot of fields have yet to be staked. whats up with that. we need some answers. why so late of a start. southern clubs have already been out for weeks packing but nothing here.

just pisses me off sometimes
Back to top Go down
dibi Mach z x

Trail Openings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Openings   Trail Openings I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 1:48 pm

Sounds like people are getting a little excited here I here some trails may be open by next weekend lot of trees down that need to be cut back swamps are not frozen yet which hold up the groomers its early dec we have alot of time to go yet maybe if we have sometime to spare we can give them a hand getting the trails ready.
Back to top Go down
Black_XC

Trail Openings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Openings   Trail Openings I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 9:03 pm

does anyone know if there will be any trail work this week. im looking to lend a hand to get us all out on the trails sooner
Back to top Go down
dibi Mach z x

Trail Openings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Openings   Trail Openings I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 7:41 pm

Give the club a call check the web site for the numbers as I know they are looking for people to help lots of down trees in middle of trails groomers cannt get through
Back to top Go down
FRASERn
FRASERn

Trail Openings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Openings   Trail Openings I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 10:39 pm

Greetings all...working to get some of the trails open for the weekend...up against open water, corn fields and fallen trees. Remember, any riding before January is a bonus!
Thank you to all who purchased permits through the Orillia Club...we are looking forward to a record setting season. Note to on-line permit purchasers...all permits have been processed and mailed...you will see payments on your next statement and permits/paperwork should arrive anytime this week...Thank you for your patience...our volunteers have been overwhelmed with trail prep, groomer maint/repairs, etc...

Groomer operator training started last week and our equipment is on the trails. Fingers crossed for a great opening weekend.
Back to top Go down
dibi Mach z x

Trail Openings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Openings   Trail Openings I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 11:16 pm

I mine today thank you ... trails opening this weekend sound good to me
Back to top Go down
Charles

Trail Openings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Openings   Trail Openings I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 4:40 pm

Fraser: Thanks very much for the update. It is not very often you can get a ride in before Christmas. We appreciate all the work you guys put into getting the trails open. I know it is mind boggling!

I would like to remind people that signing, staking, clearing brush and everything else involved in opening up the trails does not automatically happen and "they" that do all this work do not drop out of the sky. It is snowmobilers like the rest of us that volunteer their time selflessly to get the job done. Not only do these workers not get paid, but this endless work usually costs them money in terms of personal equipment used and countless hours spent.

For those of us that are not official club members and volunteers, there are many things we can do to help out, especially at this time of year. The first pass of the groomer can leave lots of debris behind. On your first ride, take the time to stop and remove that stick that is in the middle of the trail, or the rock that was pulled out of the ground. Maybe a small tree branch is stuck out on the trail. Small enough to break off and throw off to the side, but big enough to slap someone in the face or rip a wiper blade off the groomer. Perhaps a couple of stakes have fallen over. Stop and put them up again. Every little bit helps and might just save the next snowmobiler from a mishap.

Another way we can help out is by respecting the trails and right of passage on private property. Too often a snowmobile ride turns into a race. Guys think it is their right to go like hell and chew the crap out of the trails. What about the Yahoos that cut across the inside of a corner on a farmers staked field so they can go faster and maybe get ahead of their buddies. It only takes one Ahole to start and before long half the field is packed down. What are you people thinking about?

Let me break it down into smaller sentences for you MORONS that are guilty of this:
-slow down. The speed limit is 50 KPH or 30 MPH. IT'S NOT A RACE! If you want to prove what a macho fast rider you are, get into sanctioned Snowcross Racing. Public 2-way trails are no place to prove what a hot dog you are! (sorry-too many words-many of you guys won't understand)
-only idiots spin their track. If the track is spinning, you aren't going anywhere! THINK ABOUT IT!
-stay on the marked, staked trail. Otherwise you will be running 5 miles of bare road next year.

Sorry. Got into a rant, but I really get pissed off about this kind of abuse. Can't imagine how you guys feel that do all the work. Must almost make a groomer operator cry to see a nights work destroyed by 2 or 3 jerks! Or to put it another way; little men on big machines.

I better quit before I get carried away. Let me just say again that most of us really appreciate the endless work you volunteers do. It doesn't go un-noticed!

Thanks Again, Charles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trail Openings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Openings   Trail Openings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trail Openings
Page 1 of 1