ODSCI Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orillia District Snowmobile Club's Official Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Any one know how much damage this rain has done

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dibi Mach z x

Any one know how much damage this rain has done Empty
PostSubject: Any one know how much damage this rain has done   Any one know how much damage this rain has done I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 9:54 pm

I see orilla is gettin alot of rain over the next day or so anyone know how much damage the rain is doin to the trails
Back to top Go down
Black_XC

PostSubject: Re: Any one know how much damage this rain has done   Any one know how much damage this rain has done I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:47 pm

as the looks of it trails were groomed before the warm up... but i wouldn't expect mid season conditions and yes the base is getting thin, and with no new snow in the forcast its not looking too promising. i will be riding on sunday, and will most likely be my last ride of the season.
Back to top Go down
dibi Mach z x

PostSubject: Re: Any one know how much damage this rain has done   Any one know how much damage this rain has done I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 9:51 pm

thanks for the updated Im kind of hoping to get one more ride in this weekend. If anyone has an update as of Thursday it would be nice looking to come up on Sat
Back to top Go down
Black_XC

PostSubject: Re: Any one know how much damage this rain has done   Any one know how much damage this rain has done I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 4:00 pm

trails look good as far as i can see in the orillia area, i will be driving home tomorrow for the holidays from barrie so i will take the back roads. i will have a new update for you friday afternoon/nite.
Back to top Go down
dibi Mach z x

PostSubject: Re: Any one know how much damage this rain has done   Any one know how much damage this rain has done I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 6:04 pm

that would be great looking to head up for Friday web site say the trails are open but they have not changed there write up for about two weeks
Back to top Go down
Black_XC

PostSubject: Re: Any one know how much damage this rain has done   Any one know how much damage this rain has done I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 1:44 am

sorry for the late reply, but as im sure you already know the trails are in great shape except for the road running. im going north again this sunday and next weekend i will be around home for a last trail ride. snow is in the forcast for late next week so trails will once again be good to ride for the most part.
Back to top Go down
dibi Mach z x

PostSubject: Re: Any one know how much damage this rain has done   Any one know how much damage this rain has done I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:13 pm

Trails were in decent condition last weekend I hear that Orilla and Gravenhurst got a good blast of snow yesterday any idea if it was true and is it still there I wish the Orilla Snowmobile club would up date this site once and a while since it was there creation
Back to top Go down
Black_XC

PostSubject: Re: Any one know how much damage this rain has done   Any one know how much damage this rain has done I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 8:59 pm

they do update, but they dont give a detailed report on conditions. yes orillia received 4" of new snow last nite and the further you go north the more there is. i took a depth reading of snow around town and we have a solid 2.5ft of snow, which is not including ditches and difted areas. the whole problem that we as sledders will be facing in the next couple weeks is not low snow conditions, but good days to ride. this coming sunday will most likely be my last unless the rain and real warm weather holds off... get out there a enjoy the amazing winter.
Back to top Go down
dibi Mach z x

PostSubject: Re: Any one know how much damage this rain has done   Any one know how much damage this rain has done I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 12:23 pm

Thanks for the up date I will be heading out on Sat yes it has been a good winter for sledding
Back to top Go down
Black_XC

PostSubject: Re: Any one know how much damage this rain has done   Any one know how much damage this rain has done I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 8:31 am

I went out last nite and if they went and groomed trails should be amazing by the weekend. there is still lots of snow cover, but because of the long and warm days snow is just getting pushed around and corners are getting icy. i only found 1 bare patch of trail which was right by a spring run off for water, so other than that in 150 miles yesterday it was cleal sailing. one more thing, if you can avoid road riding as much as possible because there real bare now and not alot of snow in the ditches to ride it.
Back to top Go down
dibi Mach z x

PostSubject: Re: Any one know how much damage this rain has done   Any one know how much damage this rain has done I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 1:23 pm

thanks for the update I went for my last ride yesterday I think we had a long enough season this year. On to the summer toys now I think just have to wait to get the jet ski out and the boat.

thanks for all the update this year we must hook up for a ride on time
keep in touch

dibi mach z x ( Tony)
Back to top Go down
Black_XC

PostSubject: Re: Any one know how much damage this rain has done   Any one know how much damage this rain has done I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 11:14 am

no problem im just glad i could help you out. we actually didn't do much trail riding yesterday as they were starting to get beat up pretty bad. we stayed in and around oro alot and found some nice deep powder and the odd water hole to cross. i do agree that this winter has been long enough and ive already parked my sled for the season. 2500 is enough for me for a season. so now the tear down and rebuild starts.

i will keep in touch, for a possible ride next year.

all the best.

Mike
Back to top Go down
dibi Mach z x

PostSubject: Re: Any one know how much damage this rain has done   Any one know how much damage this rain has done I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 5:25 pm

Mike

It was nice to chat with you all the best during the non snowmoblie time of the year. hopefully next year more people will start to use this forum

Tony
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any one know how much damage this rain has done   Any one know how much damage this rain has done I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any one know how much damage this rain has done
Page 1 of 1