ODSCI Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orillia District Snowmobile Club's Official Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FOLLOW ROAD TO TRAILS

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rev it up

FOLLOW ROAD TO TRAILS Empty
PostSubject: FOLLOW ROAD TO TRAILS   FOLLOW ROAD TO TRAILS I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 12:55 pm

Here's the beef! Why can't the OFSC or local trail authorities get on page with the roads dept. to stop them from scraping the road sides to the dirt. We get a great snowfall and within no time BARE roads. There is lots of room on most roads to leave a nice 1' layer of the white stuff. Along with the groomers, they can eliminate bare roads so cars and sleds can co-exist on them. Right now the trails are supreme but when you get to a road #%^^$ Mad Mad Mad I've crossed many a road side wearing the old carbides down right beside 2-4' of snowbanks. Maybe we should get all the city and township mayors involved...........because if they were sledders they might just GETTER DUN.
Back to top Go down
dibi Mach z x

PostSubject: Re: FOLLOW ROAD TO TRAILS   FOLLOW ROAD TO TRAILS I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 9:52 pm

Now your talkin we need to get these people involved. This is money for the local towns business gas stations resturants we need to feed the sleds and we need to feed ours stomachs.
Back to top Go down
Charles

PostSubject: Re: FOLLOW ROAD TO TRAILS   FOLLOW ROAD TO TRAILS I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 5:24 pm

I was just wondering how you guys were making out. Were you able to get all the mayors involved in Snowmobiling so that you could convince them to have the roads departments leave a layer of snow on the roads for us Snowmobilers?

I apolagize for being a smartass. I'm not sure how serious you were about this. It is a great idea in theory, but from a practical perspective, impossible.

For starters, the roads departments and general public could care less about us snowmobilers. If you could convince the municipalities to do as you say, the human outcry from the non-snowmobiling public would be incredible. For the most part, non-snowmobilers think we are the scum of the earth. A blight on society carelessly wasting natural resources for no reason at all. They would far rather put up extra money to have the plow operators run us over, than doing anything to help us.

I can hear it now. "The roads are for cars. We want them plowed, sanded and salted so that bare pavement and gravel is always present. Who cares about Snowmobiles. If they disappear off the face of the Earth, our Planet will be a better place to live".

Good concept guys. Let us know how you make out!

Charles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FOLLOW ROAD TO TRAILS   FOLLOW ROAD TO TRAILS I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FOLLOW ROAD TO TRAILS
Page 1 of 1