ODSCI Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orillia District Snowmobile Club's Official Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Carden Trails

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sledjunk

Carden Trails Empty
PostSubject: Carden Trails   Carden Trails I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 11:28 am

Does anyone know if the Carden trails are open? I am looking to ride to Orillia from Heart Of Ontario trails but I think North of the Canal, the trails are Carden's. Can anyone confirm this or let me know if the route is open from HOO to MOST?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Touring
Touring

Carden Trails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carden Trails   Carden Trails I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 5:38 pm

I have not seen or enjoyed the Carden SnoDrifters trails, East of Hwy 12. I've tried the trail on the west side, into Lagoon City, and then taken the 204 from Lagoon City all the way to Orillia. Apart from a LITTLE bit of bumpiness out of Lagoon City for a short while, it soons smooths out and is quite enjoyable all the way into Orillia. Lake Couch is quite stable and has a foot plus of ice. The Carden SnoDrifters CONTINUE to post their trails as "CLOSED, OPEN WATER" on the OFSC website. Extreme caution is advised, as they have updated this warning, just this week, and it has remained that way for some time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.timmooreassociates.com
FRASERn
FRASERn

Carden Trails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carden Trails   Carden Trails I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 6:33 pm

Carden has had some difficulty getting things up and running this year...a real shortage of volunteers. The 207 trail north of Lagoon City is an Orillia District Trail and it is open! With the exception of some ongoing water problems on the B (North East of L. Couchiching) - detours in place?...waiting for confirmation from the groomer...the balance of our trails are rated by many as the "best in years".

What is your final destination? We are planning tomorrow's ride from Orillia to Singhampton.
Back to top Go down
sledjunk

Carden Trails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carden Trails   Carden Trails I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 9:34 pm

I was thinking of running a short loop from Pefferlaw up through the HOO trails H9 to the canal crossing along the Carden trail (102?) to B104 and following 208 to B into Orillia then finding my way back.
Back to top Go down
FRASERn
FRASERn

Carden Trails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carden Trails   Carden Trails I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 10:21 pm

I am sure you can find your way through...the 208 is showing as limited on my listing...just stay on the B104 right to the B???

I have never travelled down your way...I head over to Fenelon Falls on occassion...do you have any recommended links from your area??

You need to spend some time north and north-west of Orillia...conditions are amazing.
Back to top Go down
sledjunk

Carden Trails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carden Trails   Carden Trails I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 10:52 pm

FRASERn wrote:
I am sure you can find your way through...the 208 is showing as limited on my listing...just stay on the B104 right to the B???

I may give it a try but I don't want to ride on closed trails, especially as I will be wearing a trail patrol vest

FRASERn wrote:

I have never travelled down your way...I head over to Fenelon Falls on occassion...do you have any recommended links from your area??
I rode from Pefferlaw through Fenlon Falls to Haliburton and back last weekend and sometimes down to Port Perry. Usually, especially in previous years, I will take the route I am hoping to use on Sunday up to your area and beyond. The trip to Orillia is a few hours so I don't get too much further.

FRASERn wrote:

You need to spend some time north and north-west of Orillia...conditions are amazing.
Sounds great. I just got off the phone with a buddy from Pefferlaw. We may be heading up tomorrow for a trial run. We will be meeting another fellow near Bolsover that is a groomer operator for the Carden Sno-Bombers. We'll see how it goes
Back to top Go down
FRASERn
FRASERn

Carden Trails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carden Trails   Carden Trails I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 12:04 am

I am not sure why we didn't open the 208...I think the focus was on getting the B punched through to the North...by the way, our groomer needed assistance (back hoe) getting out of the bog up that way today. I would be interested in hearing what the Carden groomer operator (Gerry?) has to say about the balance of 'their trails...I am sure they are out...I understand the "Closed" status has more to do with paper work (trail signage documents) than the actual trail conditions. I also wear the "vest"...be great to catch up for a coffee on one of your trips up this way.
Back to top Go down
raytec

Carden Trails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carden Trails   Carden Trails I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 1:56 am

B trail north of Sebright was in back busting condition going to Black river rd
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Carden Trails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carden Trails   Carden Trails I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carden Trails
Page 1 of 1