ODSCI Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orillia District Snowmobile Club's Official Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

when is the grooming going to begin!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dusty knees

when is the grooming going to begin! Empty
PostSubject: when is the grooming going to begin!   when is the grooming going to begin! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 12:33 am

the snow is pouring in .......hopefully the trails can be groomed this weekend......anyways, let me know if anyone hears anything about the trail status or sees a groomer!
Back to top Go down
FRASERn
FRASERn

PostSubject: Orillia Trails   when is the grooming going to begin! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 12:09 pm

Club is working overtime to get trails opened. Water in low areas continues to be a problem...also dealing with unsupported ice in areas where water levels are dropping post-flooding. Use caution. We will be drilling test holes to determine ice depths on Lake Couchiching this week...expect slush as weight of snow will be pushing the ice slab down. We are also having quite a challenge maintaining trail through City of Orillia...Riders must stay on the marked trails...Club members have spent many hours putting up related signage....it is very frustrating to find our signs removed/damaged by sledders! We will be working closely with OPP, STOP, City Bylaw and Trail Patrol to enforce Trail Use and Speed Limits (in-city is 20 km). Expect ZERO tolerance for violations...our access to the vital in-city trails depends on the cooperation of all sledders.

Want to get more involved? We can always use extra hands (young or old)...a great opportunity to get involved with like-minded folks that live for the snow. Contact our volunteer coordinator (see Main Page).
Back to top Go down
The-Mitchell-Phaze
Admin
Admin
The-Mitchell-Phaze

PostSubject: Re: when is the grooming going to begin!   when is the grooming going to begin! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 1:12 am

Moved to Help Section
Back to top Go down
https://odsci.forumotion.com http://www.sledorillia.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: when is the grooming going to begin!   when is the grooming going to begin! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

when is the grooming going to begin!
Page 1 of 1