ODSCI Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orillia District Snowmobile Club's Official Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

reasons for not grooming

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tin indian

reasons for not grooming Empty
PostSubject: reasons for not grooming   reasons for not grooming I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 7:59 pm

rode saturday and sunday,did not find a smooth trail in ODSCI anywhere!sad but true. but lets try to have some fun with this.give us your best reasons for not grooming.i know they are trying but . here goes my best guess.maybe improper jetting with all of the temperature fluctuations the groomer migth burn a piston? lets hear from everyone. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
00xc6

00xc6

PostSubject: Re: reasons for not grooming   reasons for not grooming I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 8:40 pm

Saw one of the groomers out on friday night so saturday couldnt have been that bad. Im sure the other groomers were out as well if one of them was. Orillia gets lots of traffic and many from the area ride at night when grooming is going on. Kinda hard for the trails to set when everyone is out tearing them up right behind the groomer.
Back to top Go down
Charles

PostSubject: Re: reasons for not grooming   reasons for not grooming I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 10:12 am

I know keeping the trails smooth is a difficult if not impossible job, but I think the groomers could be out there more than they are. If money is a problem, than up the price of the trail permits. I'd rather pay an extra hundred bucks to ride smooth trails than what we pay now to ride rough ones.

It is especially frustrating if you want to ride thru the week, since it seems like many of the trails don't get groomed until Thursday or Friday. Except for the rail line into Coldwater. It practiculy gets worn out from grooming and it isn't even the Top B Trail.

Like I said, it's a tough job, bot one that could be handled better in my opinion.

Chuck
Back to top Go down
tommy boy

PostSubject: Re: reasons for not grooming   reasons for not grooming I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:16 pm

From what I can see the Barrie trails seem to get groomed 2 or 3 times a week but the Orillia seems to be done once a week. Last year it wasn't like this they were groomed more often. Maybe it has something to do with Orillia not being part of MOST anymore, maybe they lost funding or a groomer is broken and they can't afford/find parts to fix it. On the weekend you could definitely see where the Barrie/Orillia line is on the 206. The Barrie side wasn't perfect but it sure was allot nicer than the Orillia half.

tommy
Back to top Go down
Charles

PostSubject: Re: reasons for not grooming   reasons for not grooming I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:18 pm

Tommy: I know what you mean. The frustrating thing for me is the amount of attention the Rail line gets into Coldwater. I can't complain that it is kept up, but what is the point in having one well groomed trail and the rest as rough as a plowed field. I guess my point would be; good job on the Rail line, why not keep the same standards for all the rest.

The Top B trail going West was groomed Monday, probably early A.M., but with the wind on Monday it was pretty much in need of another pass Monday night. But that didn't happen. I went for a ride Tuesday afternoon and the B trail from West Ridge over to the Rail line was rideable but rough. Once I hit the Rail line into Coldwater, it was as smooth as glass. Again, I was grateful for the nice ride into Coldwater, but that is only one isolated trail and it isn't even a Top Trail.

As I write this, I wonder if the B Trail West has been groomed yet. Some how I doubt it!

Chuck
Back to top Go down
Kerry

PostSubject: Re: reasons for not grooming   reasons for not grooming I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:22 pm

So far this year I've only seen the same fella on the B,B103 trails.Passed him again yesterday late afternoon 15/16 sideroad and 103.Have passed him during daylight hours quite a few times.Maybe they're short an operator and he's doing split shifts day/night or something. Can't say we've experienced altogether that bad of trails.Wind ,rain, freezing temps after rain and no snow are more of a frustration cause it's tough sledding on rocks or ice.Hopefully we get less rain thurs/fri than they say and get enough snow fri eve to help the base before the freeze again.

Kerry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: reasons for not grooming   reasons for not grooming I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

reasons for not grooming
Page 1 of 1