ODSCI Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orillia District Snowmobile Club's Official Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[b]DEFINATELY NOT WISE...BUT IS IT LEGAL ?[/b]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Touring
Touring

[b]DEFINATELY NOT WISE...BUT IS IT LEGAL ?[/b] Empty
PostSubject: [b]DEFINATELY NOT WISE...BUT IS IT LEGAL ?[/b]   [b]DEFINATELY NOT WISE...BUT IS IT LEGAL ?[/b] I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 8:50 pm

IS IT LEGAL ?

My wife and I were recently out on the trails and noticed THREE individuals on a snowmobile. It looked like two parents and a small child, approximately 5 - 7 years old, sandwiched between the two older 'adults'.

Okay, the child wasn't upfront, where if there was a serious head on accident, they would be crushed by the front handlebars - or worse being thrown forward, into a tree; nor were they at the rear, where they might get 'bounced' off the sled from a serious dip on the trail.

But what's legal here? At a glance, it looked like a regular sled, not a longer or wider "touring" model, but I suspect it doesn't matter here.

What's legal and what is the ODSCI's opinion on exceeding more than two riders? Jeez, don't they make proper 'caboose' sleds anymore?

Touring No
Back to top Go down
http://www.timmooreassociates.com
doodude

PostSubject: Re: [b]DEFINATELY NOT WISE...BUT IS IT LEGAL ?[/b]   [b]DEFINATELY NOT WISE...BUT IS IT LEGAL ?[/b] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 4:23 pm

actually skidoo makes a 3 person touring sled designed for just that
Back to top Go down
Poidy

PostSubject: Re: [b]DEFINATELY NOT WISE...BUT IS IT LEGAL ?[/b]   [b]DEFINATELY NOT WISE...BUT IS IT LEGAL ?[/b] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 1:05 pm

It is safe, with the long benches on todays sleds, I can ride no problem with 3, compared to 2 on a single sled, now that seems dangerouse at high speeds, plus uncomfortable also.
Back to top Go down
http://www.poidy.fabpage.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [b]DEFINATELY NOT WISE...BUT IS IT LEGAL ?[/b]   [b]DEFINATELY NOT WISE...BUT IS IT LEGAL ?[/b] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[b]DEFINATELY NOT WISE...BUT IS IT LEGAL ?[/b]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ODSCI Forums :: Whats New?-
Jump to: